Thursday, May 16, 2013

The day Pink met Purple


Good Mernin folks and folkses! Can I just say that the weather yesterday was just absolutely **Shawty lo voice** BURRTIFUL! As I left work and started driving home I was in such an AwesomeSauce mood. Its something about the sun shining, the AC blowing and seeing ppl going about their merry ways that inspires creativity within my spirit.




So, when I got home I began to immediately pick out my outfit for the next day. I wanted to wear something fairly simple but still cute and comfy. I decided on a cheetach print top that has a hot pank to purple ombre effect in the background paired with black slacks. I didnt take pics of my outfit before leaving the house although I should've. It totally slipped my mind, please forgive me lol. You can see part of the top in some of the pics below. Anywho, that is what inspired "The day Pink met Purple"





For the eyes:
I used Urban Decay's "Infamous" on the entire lid and then used "Ransom" on the outer lid and to create a "smokey" effect. I lined them using a black kohl pencil with a slight wing. I applied using the "Good Karma Shadow" brush by Urban Decay.




Face:
I primed with the cheapest-most effective product on the market.... Milk of Magnesia lol! I applied L'Oreal's True Match in Cappuccino all over with my Sonia Kashuk Beauty Blender. I let it dry then applied Ben Nye's "Banana" powder for my under eye highlight, used Ben Nye's "Sienna" for contouring my cheeks and "Topaz" to set. LaFemme's blush in "Satin Rose" applied to my cheeks.




For the Lips:
After moisturizing I applied MAC's "Heroine" lip liner over the entire lip and layered it heavily around the outline and in the corners. I then applied MAC's "Pink Pigeon" lipstick (matte finish) all over both bottom and top lips.  I went in with the Heroine liner and went over the outline one more time.
















Have a great day and BE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment